Part of the ‘My Happiness Project‘ series.
As part of a person’s happiness project, Gretchen Rubin suggests answering a number of questions at the beginning. The first question is: “What makes you feel good?”
What makes me feel good?
1. A hot chai latte in the morning. Its amazing what sugar, spices and warm milk can do for the mood. Inhale the spicy aroma. Take a sip. Let your taste buds savour the spices. Swallow. Repeat until the latte is done. Just thinking about it is improving my mood!
2. Snuggling in a warm over-sized sweater in the winter. In high school I had this over sized pull over sports sweater. It was grey, it was baggy and the sleeves were too long. It was perfect for snuggling on the couch on a cold winter day. Now I have an over sized zipper hoodie I appropriated from my husband.
3. A nice hot bubble bath. Nothing feels better than relaxing in a hot bubble bath. The heat sinks into your skin relaxing tired aching muscles.
4. Going up to the family trailer. Its an hour outside of Ottawa and set in a pine forest next to a beautiful lake. Its very relaxing. Its like a small community. Everyone knows each other. You can socialize or commune with nature all in one day. At night, we build a fire and relax in front of it, enjoying the heat, the dancing flames and the crackling wood.
5. Knitting and crocheting. I haven’t been a crocheter or a knitter for long. But it calms me. If I can’t sleep, I have found that crocheting relaxes me enough that I can fall asleep. Its fun and I love completing projects. It gives me a great sense of accomplishment.
6. Snuggling with my boys. Thor often snuggles with me. He kneads for several moments before curling up against my chest, purring loudly until he falls asleep. It makes me smile. Loki snuggles very rarely its a very precious moment when he does. The conditions have to be just right. It usually involves a lot of brushing and petting. Sometimes you have to ignore him until he settles on your lap. Then you can pet him. Loki’s purr is a soft deep rumble.
What makes you feel good?